Frequently Asked Questions
What sets Trustiva apart from other companies?
Client safety and satisfaction is paramount and we treat our clients as extensions of our family.
Ways we can ensure this:
- There is a care coordinator assigned to each case to make certain the care transition is as smooth as possible and that client's needs are met.
- All of our caregivers are rigorously screened and have at least two years of experience.
- Through our TrustivaCARES online portal, Trustiva Health keeps the lines of communication open to observe client status, progress, and satisfaction.
- We offer patient advocacy workshops.
How do I get started?
Call us at 248-220-4052 to schedule a FREE consultation or to speak with a care coordinator regarding your needs. We can arrange for services ranging from a couple hours per week to 24 hour care.
Who can best utilize your service?
We provide a full range of care for anyone who needs supportive services in order to remain in their home: new mothers, individuals with disabilities, victims of accidents, people recovering from a recent illness or surgery, senior citizens requiring help with activities of daily living, those suffering from neuro-degenerative diseases like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or multiple sclerosis.
Trustiva Health also provides healthcare staffing services to corporate clients such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
How much do services cost?
Trustiva Health offers varying levels of care. Costs are determined by each client's customized needs. Call us at 248-220-4052 to speak with a care coordinator to assess your situation. We will be more than happy to provide you with a quote.
Does Trustiva Health accept Medicare?
Medicare does not cover custodial, non-medical care when it is the only type of care you need.
What happens if a care provider is sick or cannot make it to work?
We employ a team approach. If the care provider is sick, another is normally available.
What if service must be changed?
At Trustiva Health, it is all about you and your needs. We understand that situations can change quickly and we are ready to respond accordingly.
Are your services available for the elderly in nursing homes or assisted living facilities?
We provide healthcare staffing services wherever the client resides.
Why should I hire Trustiva Health rather than hire someone directly myself?
There are several significant drawbacks in hiring independent contractors:
- How will you properly screen and train this person? This is an unnecessary risk to you.
- You are responsible for withholding taxes and social security, filing the appropriate reports with state and federal governments. This includes state and federal unemployment compensation. Penalties are severe and could result in large fines if not handled properly. This is an unnecessary risk.
- If a person you hire becomes injured while working for you, you will become personally responsible for all of their medical bills or potential litigation. The potential to lose assets is an unnecessary risk.
- You are responsible if your employee does something wrong and injures the person receiving services. Our caregivers are fully bonded and insured at Trustiva Health's expense.
- How will you handle scheduling? What if the caregiver is a no show, sick, or needs to take time off?